It's no suprise that Electric Forest is one of the TSIS crew's favorite times of the year, from the unique experience, community built around the festival, and the always epic lineup. This year, the festival was the only in America to sell out ahead of the lineup being announced, ahead of even Coachella and EDC in Vegas.
Well the not so typical festival decided to have some fun with the reveal of the 2016 lineup due to it being sold out ahead of time.
They've decided to reach out to one of the most defining factors of Eletric Forest, the community around it. They've sent out the lineup piece by piece to hand pick Electric Forest attendees. The fans are then posting the pictures and videos of the pieces online via the #EF2016Reveal hashtag.
So far it's already been unveiled that Fetty Wap, Adventure Club, Bonobo (DJ Set), STS9 and Flosstradamus have been announced among many more sure to come.
We will be adding to the running list of names below live as they pop up online until the full lineup is out. Enjoy!
Recently Skrillex added to his long list of projects announcing via Zane Lowe that he would finally be doing his own radio show, joining Beats 1 with a residency fittingly titled OWSLA Radio after his imprint label.
Now over the weekend we had a chance to hear the premiere episode from the radio show as Mija, Kill The Noise, Anna Lunoe, Getter, 12th Planet, and many more joined Skrillex at his current hide out in Malibu. The episode is filled with fresh music from a wide range of artists including many songs from the recent Worldwide Broadcast compilation. It’s also filled with plenty of behind the scenes storytelling and banter from Skrillex and friends for a program guaranteed to please any OWSLA / Skrillex fan. Stream the show below and check back for more episodes in the future, in addition to fresh new music from the OWSLA camp. Enjoy.
Listen on apple music:
- GTA feat. Sam Bruno – Red Lips (Skrillex Remix) [OWSLA]
- Vindata feat. Anderson Paak – Own Life [OWSLA]
- Getter & Ghastly – Game Over [OWSLA]
- ZHU & Skrillex & THEY. – Working For It [MIND OF A GENIUS]
- Wiwek feat. Audio Bullys – Rebels [OWSLA]
- Carmada feat. Maribelle – On Fire [OWSLA]
- DJ Snake feat. Bipolar Sunshine – Middle (Miija Remix) [OWSLA]
- Mark Johns – BTFU (Mommy Issues) [OWSLA]
- josh pan feat. Xian & Gaszia – Platinum [OWSLA]
- Kill The Noise – FUK UR MGMT [OWSLA]
- Boaz Van De Beatz – Flippo [OWSLA]
- Anna Lunoe – Bass Drum Dealer (B.D.D) [NEST]
- Louis The Child – From Here [OWSLA]
- Bibi Bourelly – Riot [BIBI BOURELLY]
- Poupon & Bixel Boys – I Ain't Your Girl [OWSLA]
- Point Point – Life In Grey [FREE]
- Wavedash – Bang [OWSLA]
- Valentino Khan – Deep Down Low (VIP) [OWSLA]
- Manolo Rose feat. Fame School – Run Ricky Run (DJ Sliink & Nadus Remix) [OWSLA]
- Brillz & Ghastly – Hawt (Getter Remix) [MAD DECENT]
- Barely Alive – Back 2 Back (Working Title) [OWSLA]
- Hundred Waters – Thistle (Star Slinger Remix) [OWSLA]
- San Holo & Yellow Claw – Alright [OWSLA]
- Dillon Francis & What So Not feat. Dawn Golden – Arrows (Instrumental Mix) [SWEAT IT OUT!]
- G-Buck – B.O.B. [OWSLA]
- 12th Planet – Be Blatant [SMOG]
- YOGI & Skrillex feat. Pusha T & Moody Good & Trollphace – Burial [OWSLA]
- BASECAMP – Watch My Back [OWSLA]
- Alvin Risk feat. Princesa – Dream Time [OWSLA]
- Saint & Uniiqu3 – Yo (I'm Lit) [MAIN COURSE]
- Skrillex & MUST DIE! – VIP's [OWSLA]
- Darren Styles – Come Running (Miija Remix)
- Getter – Head Splitter [OWSLA]
- Skrillex & Team EZY feat. NJOMZA – Pretty Bye Bye [OWSLA]
Skrillex has quite a laundry list of achievements under his belt from winning various Grammys to headlining countless festivals across the globe, yet for some reason the legend hasn't ever launched his own radio show.
Well today Zane Lowe announced that Skrillex will be joining Beats 1 with a residency starting this weekend titled OWSLA Radio. Not much other news known right now around the project besides they are celebrating Skrillex's recent birthday for the first episode and bringing out Mija, Kill The Noise, Anna Lunoe, Getter, 12th Planet and many more. The show will take place every other Saturday on Beats 1 at 3:00 PM EST. Tune in to the first show, which will stream live this weekend. Enjoy
— Beats 1 (@Beats1) January 28, 2016
For now as a TBT enjoy his 2 hour essential mix from back in the day.
It’s been a longtime coming for influential beat maker Baauer to deliver a complete body of work after rising to international stardom via the commercial, yet controversial success stemming from “Harlem Shake.”
As one of the leading pioneers to grow from the trap genre, the NYC-native has been meticulously crafting and expanding his production prowess while continuing to set the bar for a new generation of producers and fellow colleagues.
With the release of Baaeur’s debut studio album Aa, the producer plans on taking listeners through a worldwide adventure using each track as a single destination along the way. Keeping that mentality in mind, he has put together a lush flow of instrumental heaters and has laid groundwork for the jaw-dropping vocal features from Pusha T, Future, M.I.A, G-Dragon and others.
The album's release has officially crossed over into the mainstream as of last night when Baauer was the featured music guest on Late Night with Stephan Colbert to debut the new single “Day One” with underground hip-hop act Leikeli47. This fully charged banger showcases the proper amount of kicks and bass slaps for Leikeli47 to pounce her vocals all over the foundation. You can view the live performance below.
For a work of this magnitude, Baauer will follow in the footsteps of Hudson Mohawke and Rustie by presenting this project via LuckyMe Records. The release is scheduled for March 16th and we are looking forward to more news to come over the next few months. Enjoy
Baauer Performs 'Day Ones' Live on Colbert
Listen to Aa so far | Pre-Order
Day Ones ft Novelist & Leikeli 47
Good & Bad
Way From Me ft Tirzah
Temple ft M.I.A & G-Dragon
Make it Bang ft TT The Artist
Kung Fu ft Pusha T & Future
Church Reprise ft Rustie
AD HOME PAGE
My story has changed quite a lot since moving to Boulder, Colorado and starting Thissongissick back in 2010. My name is Nick Guarino and this is Thissongissick.com. We've grown a lot since, but the original goal has always stayed the same: making it easier for you to discover sick new music that you've never heard before. In high school I would make mix cd's for my friends to show them all the new music I was discovering. Now, through TSIS, we work with musicians and record labels from all over the world to showcase a variety of the freshest electronic, hip-hop, indie, and alternative music to a global following that is comprised of millions of music lovers in over 110 countries - every single month. So, make yourself at home while enjoying countless amazing musicians from a variety of genres and let the sick sounds fill your ears! - Nick