French crossover star Martin Solveig teams up with Miami / LA DJ electro duo GTA to collaborate on something very special. GTA manage to bring their raw edge and big room sounds which mesh wonderfully with Martin Solveig’s infectious radio ready sound. The vocals and smooth melodies collide with vicious horns for a crossover record that is ready to destroy clubs and festivals all year long. This song is available to stream below and you can pick up your copy on January 19th when it releases through Spinnin. Enjoy!
Martin Solveig & GTA - Intoxicated
One of dance music's biggest trend setters and head of the influential Fool's Gold Records, mixmaster A-Trak has always been on top of the game. However, recently the CEO has been on an entirely new level, putting out a full length mixtape last month with DC rapper Wale featuring an all star cast including A$AP Ferg, Chance The Rapper, and Pusha T that was released for free to celebrate the holiday 'Festivus'. One of his biggest singles yet is his disco infused electro anthem "Push" drawing some classic inspiration delivered in a very modern way.
The song has been gaining huge momentum, and A-Trak has just brought it to life with an outrageous new music video. Featuring cameos from A-Trak himself, Atlanta producer TM88 of 808 Mafia, a series of Nude models, and even a tiger, it is impossible to be bored through the length of the video.
A-Trak even had a few words on why he chose this direction for the music video. "My approach to dance music has always been a bit left, so the last thing I wanted was one of those sparkler bottle 'lets make this night live forever!' videos". "Instead, I wanted to make something with the opulence of a rap video, but shot like a renaissance painting. It's kind of like Eyes Wide Shut meets Burning Man."
Check out the video here:
A-Trak – Push feat. Andrew Wyatt (OFFICIAL VIDEO) | iTunes
Sam Smith has become the new most remixed artist ever in the past year, and we aren’t complaining thanks to his strong vocals inspiring some amazing pieces and today we have latest. His song “Leave Your Lover” has been flipped by rising Australian house producer Motez giving it a funky upbeat house twist. The vocals shine bright as they are chopped to perfection mixed with a thumping bass groove and piano line that will have you moving. No details on if we will be lucky enough to see a release or download here. Enjoy!
This reminds us of his also phenomenal remix of Ellie Goulding’s “Beating Heart” he released last year.
Sam Smith – Leave Your Lover (Motez Remix)
Skrillex and Diplo's collab project Jack Ü continues to bring us a stream of all star remixes of their debut single "Take Ü There". Following up the recent Zeds Dead version, we now have Paris based future house pioneer Tchami offering his own spin. We hear Tchami deliver his signature house sound with an even more heavy twist on the drops, which makes sense considering who he is remixing. Looks like Tchami is not slowing down anytime soon as he continues to establish himself as one of the most exciting producers to be watching out for. You can stream the song below, but be on the look out to pick up your copy alongside the upcoming Take Ü There Remix EP set to release December 23rd. Enjoy!
Jack Ü – Take Ü There (Tchami Remix) | Stream Only
Toronto based producer / DJ duo Dzeko & Torres have had quite an impressive year thanks largely to being taken under the wing of king Tiesto; becoming his proteges on top of signing with his same management company Red Light. They have managed to bust out a healthy amount of remixes all across the board taking on tracks like Oh Honey's "Be Okay", Little Daylight's "My Life", and Pegboard Nerds' "Bassline Kickin", all on top of collaborating with Tiesto on the original "Can't Forget" which was on his A Town Called Paradise album.
Well the the duo first appeared on TSIS 2 years ago when they asked if we wanted to premiere 2012 in 10 minutes, 40 of the biggest anthems of the year in 10 minutes. The mix blew up, skyrocketing the act's profile in the digital world. We followed it up last year with 2013 in 10 minutes, and today we have the latest edition, 2014 in 10 minutes.
They manage to fit in 40 tracks in a fast paced 10 minute mix letting you soak in some of the biggest anthems of the year. You can see the full track-list below.
What a perfect way for the duo to launch into 2015 which looks to be the biggest year of their career. Also, they are in the holiday spirit and have passed out a brand new original "TIO" as a free download, a collaboration with DEFNERS.
Dzeko & Torres – 2014 In 10 Minutes | Stream Only Till New Year
Here is the 2014 In 10 Minutes Track-Listing:
1. Porter Robinson – Lionhearted (Arty Remix)
2. Tritonal & Paris Blohm ft. Sterling Fox – Colors (Piano)
3. Zhu – Faded (Acapella)
4. Vicetone – United We Dance (Original Mix)
5. Duke Dumont – Need U (Acapella)
6. Michael Brun – Zenith (Original Mix)
7. Vicetone – Low Down (Original Mix)
8. MakJ & M35 – Go (Showtek Edit)
9. Kryder & Tom Staar – Big Momma's House (Original Mix)
10. David Guetta & Showtek ft. Vassy – Bad (Acapella)
11. Martin Garrix & MOTi – Virus (Original Mix)
12. David Guetta ft. Sam Martin – Lovers On The Sun (Acapella)
13. John Christian – Next Level (Nicky Romero Edit)
14. Calvin Harris – C.U.B.A (Original Mix)
15. Ummet Ozcan – Superwave (Original Mix)
16. Calvin Harris – Summer (Acapella)
17. The Chainsmokers – Kanye (Acapella)
18. Sander Van Doorn & Firebeatz – Guitar Track (Original Mix)
19. Martin Garrix & Jat Hardway – Wizard (Original Mix)
20. Martin Garrix & Firebeats – Helicopter (Original Mix)
21. R3hab & NERVO & Ummet Ozcan – Revolution (Original Mix)
22. R3HAB – Samurai (Original Mix)
23. Tiesto – Red Lights (Acapella)
24. Oliver Heldens – Gecko (Original Mix)
25. Alesso – Tear The Roof Up (Original Mix)
26. Don Diablo – AnyTime (Original Mix)
27. Dansson & Marlon Hoffstadt – Shake That (Acapella)
28. Kiesza – Hideaway (Original Mix)
29. Axwell & Ingrosso – We Came, We Rave, We Love (Original Mix)
30. Bassjackers – Crackin (Martin Garrix Edit)
31. Tom Staar & Ansolo – Totem
32. Bingo Players – Knock You Out (Acapella)
33. Hardwell – Everybody In The Place (Original Mix)
34. MOTi, Dzeko & Torres – Ganja (Original Mix)
35. Deorro & J-Trick – Rambo (Hardwell Edit)
36. KSHMR & Dallas K – Burn (Original Mix)
37. Lilly Wood & The Prick & Robin Schulz – Prayer In C (Instrumental)
38. Sander van Doorn, Martin Garrix, DVBBS ft Aleesia – Gold Skies (Acapella)
39. Blasterjaxx – Mystica (Original Mix)
40. Miley Cyrus – Adore You (Acapella)
41. Moguai – K I X S (Original Mix)
42. DVVBS & VINAI – Raveology (Original Mix)
43. TJR & VINAI – Bounce Generation (Original Mix)
44. ROUTE 94 ft. Jess Glynne – My Love (Acapella)
45. W&W – Bigfoot (Original Mix)
46. Steve Angello, Dimitri Vangelis & Wyman – Payback (Original Mix)
47. Mercer & DJ Snake – Lunatic (Original Mix)
48. Armin Van Buuren – Ping Pong (Original Mix)
49. Hardwell & Joey Dale feat. Luciana – Arcadia (Acapella)
50. Bassjackers & MAKJ – Derp (Original Mix)
51. Showtek – We Like To Party (Original Mix)
52. Ummet Ozcan – Smash (Original Mix)
53. Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike Vs Diplo Fatboy Slim Feat Bonde Do Role Pin – Eparrei (W&W Remix)
54. Martin Garrix, Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike – Tremor (Original Mix)
55. Gregor Salto & Wiwek – On Your Mark (Original Mix)
56. Borgeous, Dzeko & Torres – Tutankhamun (Acapella)
57. Disclosure ft. Sam Smith – Latch (Acapella)
58. John Legend – All Of Me (Tiesto Remix)
59. Dannic & TV Noise – Solid (Original Mix)
60. Zedd ft. Matthew Koma – Find You (Acapella)
61. John Martin – Anywhere For You (Tiesto vs. Dzeko & Torres Remix)
62. Imagine Dragons – Demons (Dzeko & Torres Remix)
Dzeko & Torres & DEFNERS – TIO | Free Download
Today we are in for a special treat as we have have the world premiere of LA based Ghastly and Mija's highly anticipated single "Crank It" featuring vocals from Lil Jon. The track has received widespread support from Skrillex and many other big dogs. Ghastly has been pushing the limits of the future house sound with collaborations with the likes of Jauz on "Miami Connection". Newcomer Mija first popped up on our radar after she went b2b with Skrillex for a sunrise house set at Bonnaroo and has been taken under Skrillex's wing.
"Crank It" pushes genre boundaries carrying out a house vibe to pair with some beastly future wobbles that is completed by Lil Jon's indistinguishable vocals. Side note- this song started with a Lil Jon sample but after he was shown the track, he gave them approval for a feature credit.
You can now pre-order the song below as part of OWSLA's first ever Christmas compilation properly titled "EGGNOG" out Dec. 16th with all proceeds going to Bridges For Music. You can also sign up for OWSLA's Nestivus advent calendar at a discounted rate via their NEST subscription service here and receive the compilation plus 24 other giveaways leading up to Christmas. Enjoy!
Ghastly X Mija – Crank It Ft. Lil Jon | Purchase
ZHU continues to maintain the hype of his debut release The Nightday EP but dropping off an unexpected remix of his own song “Paradise Awaits” with the help of hot new DC based rapper GoldLink thanks to Mind of A Genius. The updated deep house production is given an extra blast of bass this time around, setting up GoldLink to come in an lay down some a steady flow of verses. Playing on some of the original vocals and working in his own signature style, GoldLink will have you instantly replaying the track your first couple times listing to it. This song is stream only for now below, but we'll hopefully see a release sooner then later. Listen and above all, enjoy.
ZHU x Goldlink – Paradise Awaits (Re-work) | Stream Only For Now
Today we have the latest from Pomo, the exciting producer out of Montreal, who is apart of the HW&W Records family (Kaytranada, Sweater Beats, Ta-Ku and more). We get our ears on one of his most impressive tracks all year, remixing UK duo AlunaGeorge's single "Supernatural". Drawing drum inspiration from label mate Kaytra and fusing these beats with a beefy bassline and catchy melodies we are left with an instant hit. Drawing influences of nu-disco, hip-hop, future bass and more it's impossible to comfortably throw this one in just one genre, which is what Pomo loves. This is stream only until the official release comes out along with the other remixes of the song. Enjoy!
AlunaGeorge – Supernatural (Pomo Remix)
BONUS: Because the song wasn't featured when it dropped last year, here is the also increidble Pomo edit of Sade's "Nothing Can Come Between Us."
Sade – Nothing Can Come Between Us (Pomo Edit) | Free Download
Skrillex continues his seemingly endless stream of new music in 2014 with news of another remix EP taken from his debut album earlier this year. Today we get the official remix to "Dirty Vibe", the song co-produced by Diplo and also featuring G-Dragon from Big Bang and CL from 2NE1. Today's remix is from the exciting French producer Habstrakt who's seen his fair share of love on TSIS with tracks like "Datbooty" and "Listen". He has flipped Skrillex and Diplo's rave anthem giving it a proper UK Garage remix, with modern Future House elements all delivered in Habstrakt's gritty bass styling. Listen to the premiere below and you can pick up the full EP when it releases on Dec 15th on OWSLA. Enjoy!
Skrillex – Dirty Vibe (Habstrakt Remix) | Stream Only
Cazzette's massive single from earlier this year "Sleepless" has seen its fair share of remixes throughout the year including standouts from Oliver Nelson and Prince Fox. Well when you thought the song couldn't have been flipped in any other way, remix kings Hotel Garuda and Thero have stepped up to the plate and delivered one of the best yet. They venture to the tropical side with this extra sunny remix. Listen to the premiere below and enjoy an exclusive free download.
For all of our NYC readers: Hotel Garuda have just announced they will be playing a special New Years Eve show at Slake nightclub supporting Duke Dumont! You can purchase tickets here.
Cazzette – Sleepless (Hotel Garuda & Thero Remix) | Free Download
Earlier this year we premiered the debut single "Sunrise" from the new artist Slaptop and it received over 100,000 plays in under 48 hours. Fast forward to today and we have the premiere of the followup original single from the San Francisco based producer, "Distraction". Following in the same extra fresh house signature styling as "Sunrise" this is sure to be another hit. We have the premiere below and you can pick up your copy today on iTunes. Enjoy!
Slaptop – Distraction | iTunes
[TSIS PREMIERE] Dillon Francis, Sultan + Ned Shepard – When We Were Young (Steve James Remix) : Progressive HousePosted in Bangin, Premieres by josh | Tags: Dillon Francis, Friends Rule, House, Money Sucks, progressive house, Remix, Steve James
16-year old Pittsburg local Steve James has had quite an exciting year. With large progressive house remixes ranging from Zhu to Ellie Goulding that have seen huge success, Steve has managed to carve his own lane. Today we have the premiere of Steve’s remix of Dillon Francis' recent single “When We Were Young.” Steve takes the already addicting tune and remixes it into a club ready progressive house track, while keeping the original Dillon flare. We are happy to premiere this song below, don't forget to pick up your copy of the album through iTunes today. Enjoy!
Dillon Francis, Sultan + Ned Shepahrd – When We Were Young (Steve James Remix) | iTunes
AD HOME PAGE
My story has changed quite a lot since moving to Boulder, Colorado and starting Thissongissick back in 2010. My name is Nick Guarino and this is Thissongissick.com. We've grown a lot since, but the original goal has always stayed the same: making it easier for you to discover sick new music that you've never heard before. In high school I would make mix cd's for my friends to show them all the new music I was discovering. Now, through TSIS, we work with musicians and record labels from all over the world to showcase a variety of the freshest electronic, hip-hop, indie, and alternative music to a global following that is comprised of millions of music lovers in over 110 countries - every single month. So, make yourself at home while enjoying countless amazing musicians from a variety of genres and let the sick sounds fill your ears! - Nick