Skrillex has managed to stay at the forefront of music these last few weeks, airing the first episode of his new residency at Beats 1 Radio and releasing the OWSLA Worldwide Broadcast compilation as well as asking fans to help him finish his unreleased song "Bug Hunt." Skrillex now makes headlines yet again for his post Super Bowl set.
Skrillex vitually took over the city as fans were able to catch the world touring producer in the tiny Regency Ballroom for free. At the show, Skrillex partnered with the streaming app go90 to air the epic 90 minute set for the whole world to enjoy. Of course, the set included never before heard content from artists like Marshmello, Valentino Khan, and Skrillex himself. Stream the set below and download the go90 app to view the full concert. Enjoy!
Check out the tracklist after the jump.
Electronic music poster child Skrillex recently answered questions from eager fans for a Reddit AMA (ask me anything) in between hosting his own brand new Beats Radio show, overseeing the release of his label OWSLA's Worldwide Broadcast compilation LP which included his team effort alongside MUST DIE! titled "VIP's."
While talking with fans on the AMA, Sonny was asked a question pertaining to his unreleased song "Bug Hunt" in the Disney movie "Wreck It Ralph." Reddit user ShotsLotta asked, "Gotta ask it, why did you release a remix of 'Bug Hunt' and not the original? The original is way too good to remain unreleased forever."
Skrillex answered the question by stating, "It was meant to just live in the Hero's Duty scene of Wreck It Ralph… also its not really a full song. It was just sort of made to fit the scene of the movie. I've just moved onto so many other things since i finished working on that movie.. But perhaps one day I'll open up that project file again and complete it…"
Then after several other fans kept bringing up the subject, Skrillex answered everyones prayers with, "But forreall, I didnt realize how many of you really love OG bughunt… Puts a new fire under my ass to finish it, put it out… but here's the question.. There are 2 versions..Which to do prefer? The one i played at Tomorrowland 2012 Or the one thats at the end of the 'Skrillex in Mexico' clip?"
So guys, Skrillex has asked, now what will be the answer? He's left it up to us. Check out both versions of the song below and shoot him a tweet to let him know your choice!
Recently Skrillex added to his long list of projects announcing via Zane Lowe that he would finally be doing his own radio show, joining Beats 1 with a residency fittingly titled OWSLA Radio after his imprint label.
Now over the weekend we had a chance to hear the premiere episode from the radio show as Mija, Kill The Noise, Anna Lunoe, Getter, 12th Planet, and many more joined Skrillex at his current hide out in Malibu. The episode is filled with fresh music from a wide range of artists including many songs from the recent Worldwide Broadcast compilation. It’s also filled with plenty of behind the scenes storytelling and banter from Skrillex and friends for a program guaranteed to please any OWSLA / Skrillex fan. Stream the show below and check back for more episodes in the future, in addition to fresh new music from the OWSLA camp. Enjoy.
Listen on apple music:
- GTA feat. Sam Bruno – Red Lips (Skrillex Remix) [OWSLA]
- Vindata feat. Anderson Paak – Own Life [OWSLA]
- Getter & Ghastly – Game Over [OWSLA]
- ZHU & Skrillex & THEY. – Working For It [MIND OF A GENIUS]
- Wiwek feat. Audio Bullys – Rebels [OWSLA]
- Carmada feat. Maribelle – On Fire [OWSLA]
- DJ Snake feat. Bipolar Sunshine – Middle (Miija Remix) [OWSLA]
- Mark Johns – BTFU (Mommy Issues) [OWSLA]
- josh pan feat. Xian & Gaszia – Platinum [OWSLA]
- Kill The Noise – FUK UR MGMT [OWSLA]
- Boaz Van De Beatz – Flippo [OWSLA]
- Anna Lunoe – Bass Drum Dealer (B.D.D) [NEST]
- Louis The Child – From Here [OWSLA]
- Bibi Bourelly – Riot [BIBI BOURELLY]
- Poupon & Bixel Boys – I Ain't Your Girl [OWSLA]
- Point Point – Life In Grey [FREE]
- Wavedash – Bang [OWSLA]
- Valentino Khan – Deep Down Low (VIP) [OWSLA]
- Manolo Rose feat. Fame School – Run Ricky Run (DJ Sliink & Nadus Remix) [OWSLA]
- Brillz & Ghastly – Hawt (Getter Remix) [MAD DECENT]
- Barely Alive – Back 2 Back (Working Title) [OWSLA]
- Hundred Waters – Thistle (Star Slinger Remix) [OWSLA]
- San Holo & Yellow Claw – Alright [OWSLA]
- Dillon Francis & What So Not feat. Dawn Golden – Arrows (Instrumental Mix) [SWEAT IT OUT!]
- G-Buck – B.O.B. [OWSLA]
- 12th Planet – Be Blatant [SMOG]
- YOGI & Skrillex feat. Pusha T & Moody Good & Trollphace – Burial [OWSLA]
- BASECAMP – Watch My Back [OWSLA]
- Alvin Risk feat. Princesa – Dream Time [OWSLA]
- Saint & Uniiqu3 – Yo (I'm Lit) [MAIN COURSE]
- Skrillex & MUST DIE! – VIP's [OWSLA]
- Darren Styles – Come Running (Miija Remix)
- Getter – Head Splitter [OWSLA]
- Skrillex & Team EZY feat. NJOMZA – Pretty Bye Bye [OWSLA]
OWSLA Finally Releases Worldwide Broadcast Compilation ft. New Music From Skrillex, Getter, Yellow Claw, & MorePosted in Bangin, Chill, Mixtapes / Albums by Aaron Rogers | Tags: Compilation, OWSLA, Skrillex, Worldwide Broadcast
It seems Skrillex can do no wrong. Sure in 2015 he and Diplo almost single handedly boosted electronic music into the mainstream arena, but 2016 is a whole new ball game. Well thus far, it seems Skrillex is yet again poised to reign supreme. Only one month into the new year and he's already announced he's going to have his own radio station called OWSLA Radio on Radio 1 starting this weekend. On top of that, his label OWSLA is already doing phenomenal things; today the imprint has finally released its brand new Worldwide Broadcast compilation.
We've already heard two songs from the project, one was a collab between Getter and Ghastly called "666!" which we premiered. The other being the Skrillex and MUST DIE! track "VIP's." Thankfully the compilation has now been delivered in full. The epic 16 track project is bursting with brand new content from artists like Louis The Child, San Holo, Yellow Claw, Mija, and of course… Skrillex. You can head over to the OWSLA's website to check out a bunch of cool features pertaining to the project too. Enjoy!
Worldwide Broadcast Compilation | iTunes
AD HOME PAGE
My story has changed quite a lot since moving to Boulder, Colorado and starting Thissongissick back in 2010. My name is Nick Guarino and this is Thissongissick.com. We've grown a lot since, but the original goal has always stayed the same: making it easier for you to discover sick new music that you've never heard before. In high school I would make mix cd's for my friends to show them all the new music I was discovering. Now, through TSIS, we work with musicians and record labels from all over the world to showcase a variety of the freshest electronic, hip-hop, indie, and alternative music to a global following that is comprised of millions of music lovers in over 110 countries - every single month. So, make yourself at home while enjoying countless amazing musicians from a variety of genres and let the sick sounds fill your ears! - Nick