2012 has came to an end, and we are still recovering from some incredible NYE shows from all over the country. Dzeko and Torres have done a recap of the year highlighting some of the biggest EDM tracks that they play out live in this "2012 in 10 Minutes Mix". This 10 minute mix spans over 40 incredible tracks that do a great job representing the bigger worldwide EDM scene. This impressive young duo tear through every track mixing with ease. The end result is a polished high speed look at a powerful year in dance music. Turn this up, enjoy!
Follow Dzeko & Torres through Twitter
Tracklist after the jump
Dzeko & Torres 2012 in 10 Minutes Mix Tracklist
1. Ivan Gough & Feenixpawl feat. Georgi Kay - In My Mind (Axwell Mix)
2. Qulinez - Troll (Original Mix)
3. Gregor Salto - Azumba (Rave Mix)
4. Dirty South & Those Usual Suspects - Walking Alone (Acapella)
5. Sultan & Ned Shepard ft. Quila - Walls (Original Mix)
6. Skirllex - Ruffneck Bass (Original Mix)
7. Swedish House Mafia - Greyhound (Original Mix)
8. Knife Party - Internet Friends (Original Mix)
9. Sander Van Doorn & Julian Jordan - Kangaroo (Original Mix)
10. Cedriv Gervais - Molly (Original Mix)
11. Hardwell - Spaceman (Original Mix)
12. Deniz Koyu - Bong (Original Mix)
13. Martin Solveig - Night Out (Acapella)
14. Michael Calfan - Ressurection (Axwel Re-Cut)
15. Swanky Tunes & Hard Rock Sofa - Here We Go (Original Mix)
16. Skrillex ft. Sirah - Bangarang (Original Mix)
17. Nicky Romero - Toulouse (Original Mix)
18. Hard Rock Sofa - Quasar (Original Mix)
19. Zedd ft. Matthew Koma - Spectrum (Acapella)
20. Afrojack ft. Shermanology - Can't Stop Me Now (R3Hab & Dyro Remix)
21. Alesso & Sebastian Ingrosso ft. Matthew Koma - Calling (Lose My Mind)(Acapella)
22. Alesso & Dirty South ft. Ruben Haze - City Of Dreams (Original Mix)
23. Otto Knows - Million Voices (Original Mix)
24. Nari & Milani - Atom (Original Mix)
25. Jewelz & Scott Sparks - Toxic Rush (Original Mix)
26. Nicky Romero - Generation 303
27. Afrojack - Rock The House (Original Mix)
28. Knife Party - Rage Valley (Original Mix)
29. Dada Life - Kick Out The Epic Motherfucker (Original Mix)
30. Gotye - Somebody That I Used To Know (Acapella)
31. Skrillex & The Doors - Breaking A Sweat (Zedd Remix)
32. Thomas Gold - Sing 2 Me (Original mix)
33. Sebastian Ingrosso & Tommy Trash - Reload (Original Mix)
34. Porter Robinson - Language (Piano)
35. Chuckie & Promise Land ft. Amanda Wilson - Breaking Up (Acapella)
36. Steve Aoki ft. Wynter Gordon - Ladi Dadi (Tommy Trash Remix)
37. Cazzette - Beam Me Up (Kill Mode)(Original Mix)
38. M83 - Midnight City (Eric Prydz Private Remix)
39. Dubvision - All By Myself (Original Mix)
40. Swedish House Mafia - Don't You Worry Child (Original Mix)
I started the blog back in February 2010 and the site has never done a proper concert review to date. I have gone to countless concerts since creating the website, and they have played an instrumental part in discovering new music. This past summer TSIS had the pleasure of working with the Big Gigantic team on "Rowdytown" that took place at the iconic Red Rocks Amphitheater, which completely Sold Out.. and it even got voted Best Electronic event of 2012 in Colorado by Westword.. It was really amazing to be apart of such an amazing groups' biggest moment to date. We have premiere of the official recap video and have done a full review of the event complete witha picture gallery (above and below). Leave a comment below if you made it out to the first ever Rowdytown, or what city you would like to see Rowdytown come visit next?!
Big Gigantic Official "Rowdytown" Recap Video
Rowdytown took place on September 29th 2012 at Red Rocks Amphitheater and was Big Gigantic's first headlining Red Rocks show. Also on the lineup was seatlle hip-hop duo Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, moombahton king Dillon Francis, rising new electro soul sax player GRiZ, and Boulder local turntablist Raw Russ. This was a lineup that we worked with the Big Gigantic team to help pick, and we felt it was incredibly diverse and offered a little something for everything, without ever getting boring. We wanted to create a show that got you out to Red Rocks early in the evening and let you enjoy it all night. We also worked with them to help prepare some of craziest production I have ever seen at Red Rocks. Projection mapping was done for the first time ever on the actual side of the Red Rocks (See above picture). This was a first in Red Rocks history, and it was EPIC. It wasn't quite as bright as if you were in the first 20-30 rows, but if you were anywhere towards the top.. jaw dropping. The concert goer was completely immersed in a light filled "Rowdytown".
The night started out with Raw Russ, boulder local and one half of the Elm & Oak team, and he got the night warmed up proper throwing down some fresh moombahton and trap to get everyone moving.
Then GRiZ (picture above), one of the most buzzed about electronic names in Colorado took stage, and despite his early time slot, he made it feel far later. He played an incredible set managing to get in almost every track off of Mad Liberation. Some other highlights included his "Welcome To Jamrock" bootleg as well as an unreleased RJD2 "Ghostwriter" remix that was amazing. He ended the monumental set in his career fittingly with "Better Than I've Ever Been". That is until his cameo during the headliner Big Gigantic's set later in the night.
Then moving on to the Hip-Hop of the evening we had Macklemore & Ryan Lewis put on and incredible live performance complete with live singers, trumpet players and all. They performed some of their iconic tracks off their, at the time, yet to be released debut album The Heist. They also played some past fan favorites like "And We Danced" and "Otherside". Ben (Macklemore) was actually sick at the time, but didn't let is show once on stage, really giving one of the best hip-hop performances I had seen all year. Macklemore even capped the show off for by giving TSIS a shout out at the end of his performance. Considering Macklemore was one of the reasons that the website actually included hip-hop, it left me with quite the smile.
Now on to the headlining act of the evening, Colorado's new heroes, Big Gigantic. Dominic Lalli on Saxaphone and Jeremy Salken on Drums, all dressed in white took the audience on a roller coaster through just about every single genre. They dropped a variety of tracks off their recent Nocturnal album, as well as some huge crowd favorites off A Place Behind the Moon like "Sky High" "Limelight" and "Step Up". They even broke out some of their crowd favortie remixes like "I Need A Dollar". Towards the middle of their set Dominic brought out openening act GRiZ for a cameo to play one of his tracks "Mr. B (Featuring Dominic Lalli)", and Dom and GRiZ's new freshly released collaboration track "Power". The crowd was engaged and raging from start to finish. You could see the pure joy and satisfaction on Dominic and Jeremy's face and they played to their Sold-Out Red Rocks crowd. This was not your average set or show, it was truly one for the books. It was a night that everyone in attendance will remember for a long time to come. Big Gigantic left us knowing that this was just the beginning of something very Big and Gigantic.
We couldn't have been happier to be involved with the Big Gigantic team and everyone involved in making this show possible. We can not wait to help bring Rowdytown to another city and see what happens. Please share your Rowdytown story below or if you could not make it tell use what city we should bring Rowdytown to next?
Ultra Music Festival.. the longest running electronic music festival that has been taking place in Miami, Florida for 15 years next March.. to make this the biggest year ever they have decided to kick it up and make the festival 2 weekends this year, being the first electronic only festival to do so. This is a move that Coachella did last year, and despite skeptics, went over great. So get ready for 2 weekends in March during the weekends of March 15th, 16th, 17th and then the following March 22nd, 23rd, 24th. Despite it being easily the most expenseive weekend of 2012 so far, you can expect to see us at 1 of the weekends!! I hope that they do manage to live up to their name and deliver the best electronic festival in the country.. 2 weekends in a row. They always have an insane lineup and tons of surprises. We will keep you updated as we bring you more news on 2013's Ultra Music Festival! We will update you all the exact time that early bird tickets go on sale Wednesday October 17th through the Ultra Official Website!
"There are A LOT of incredible plans and surprises lined up for everyone attending our 15th Year Anniversary" -Russell Faibisch (Ultra Festival Executive Producer)
Are you planning on going? Comment below.
Early bird tickets go on sale on Wednesday October 17th at 1pm EST
ThisSongIsSick.com is all about making it easier for you to discover sick new music that you've never heard before. We work with musicians and record labels from all over the world to showcase a variety of the freshest electronic, hip-hop, indie, and alternative music to a global following that is comprised of millions of music lovers in over 110 countries. So, make yourself at home while enjoying countless amazing musicians from a variety of genres and let the sick sounds fill your ears! Read more about our new site.
Just the Tip
Get tipped off of exclusive news, premieres, free downloads and exclusive show announcements (only the good shit)
Submit a Song
Want to get your song on TSIS? Click the button below and follow the instructions in the form