With how many new artists are emerging in today’s flourishing music scene, it’s never been a more exciting time to be involved in the music and journalism industries. It’s also an important time for ThisSongIsSick, a publication that specializes in music discovery and has been responsible for breaking countless artists.
We’re happy to announce that we’re expanding our team as we lock in a cabinet of intelligent, motivated, eager, and diverse individuals. Currently, we’re looking for a few editorial writers who love music as much as we do.
These opportunities available are perfect for people who are wanting to get their foot in the door of the music industry. As a publication with 10+ years of experience under our belt, we’ve cultivated relationships with some of the most respected artists in the business, working directly with and alongside their teams. We also have tight rapports with various event companies, who invite us out to festivals with exclusive press credentials to cover the events. This is your chance to join our team as we continue to grow.
Check out the current opening below with a link to apply.
Editorial Writer Requirements:
– Availability to write up to 3 articles 1-2 days a week
– Previous writing experience at an established publication with samples of work.
– Excellent written communication skills.
– A passion for both writing and music.
– A finger on the pulse of the evolving music scene and beyond.
– General understanding of SEO.
– Bonus: Past experience with WordPress
Editorial Writer Duties:
– Responsible for up to 3 articles on scheduled work day.
– Brainstorming ideas for compelling editorial posts.
– Working directly with the editor in chief to develop unique stories and hone in on gripping angles.
– Writing long-form pieces that engage the reader from start to finish.
– Researching and fact-checking to make sure the story is pristine.